(a two day seminar from 9:30am to 4:00pm)
- Learn to deal with situations in a professional, effective, diplomatic and confident manner
- Hearing, listening and active listening, giving effective answers as well as clear and concise instructions where necessary
- Suggestopedic teaching methods: which means, for example, to make use of all “learning” channels / kinesthetic learning (learning through doing, not just listening)
- Conflict Management
- Statue-work according to Augusto Boal – Role plays to recognize the energy and moods of other people more easily and to react to them
- Methods of how to relieve oneself of feelings of stress in tense situations; an introduction to meditation
- Coaching useful idiomatic phrases: making offers, trouble-shooting, making suggestions, giving directions, being polite and diplomatic, being both friendly and direct at the same time
- Role-plays based on everyday situations at work
- Realising and recognizing one’s own behaviour patterns in conflict situations
- An overview of conflict related behavior in other cultures
- Strategies on how to manage conflict situations professionally
- Effective and professional management of conflicts in the English language
Aims of the seminar:
Teamwork and projects are increasingly international. Thus conflict potential arises which can influence teams and projects alike. It is therefore important to prepare accordingly and to develop the right
strategies and skills in the English language.
This seminar will prepare and coach you in solving conflicts which may arise in working in global contexts. By achieving linguistic skills of a high standard you will easily be able to apply conflict related strategies quickly and effectively.
A must for managers and team leaders, project leaders and team players as well as upper management who need to deescalate conflicts within international project teams and thus wish to improve their English skills in a target oriented manner.
Fees: 1390,- € (per person, min 4 participants) (plus VAT, presently 19 %)
Coaching at your workplace:
Telephone Calls in the Office
Spontaneous practice of the English language at your workplace, with suggestions on how to improve it. You will have 10 independent telephone conversations that will be followed up by an email that will provide you with helpful hints and useful idiomatic phrases.
Price: 390,- € (excluding 19% VAT)
Coaching at your workplace: E-mails in the Office
You will receive 10 different emails that will concentrate on your particular area of work. Then you are required to answer each mail. Once we have received your email answers we will provide you with suggestions for improvement and helpful hints and tips.
Price: 390,- € (excluding 19% VAT)
Once a month an English Coach will come into your department for 3 full hours (60 minutes) and will start off “English Day” by offering helpful hints about the use of the English language in the office as well as teaching you several useful everyday business idioms. On this day, only English will be spoken at your workplace.
Problem Solving Seminar
How good are you at solving problems?
In this two day seminar we will look at some problem solving techniques, useful language for suggesting and proposing, and phrases for agreeing and disagreeing. We will consider some case studies, as well as work together in small groups or teams to solve a number of different problems. Participants will be challenged to complete a series of tasks in a certain amount of time, speaking only in English of course! Grammar, pronunciation, and vocabulary will also be looked at through a language analysis and feedback session with the trainer at the end of all communicative activities.
This seminar is especially good for companies whose employee’s work together in teams or groups in order to accomplish tasks.
Price: 200,– € plus an additional 15,– € for teaching material per participant (in a group of 4 students or more)
Effective Communication in the 21st Century
Overcome anxiety / Use English skills more effectively / Find the appropriate solution for each situation
Our world is becoming increasingly digital – Communication is slipping more and more away from direct contact and being transferred to electronic paths and it seems that people prefer to communicate with each other, even in their own native language, by email rather than reaching for the telephone or speaking to the person face to face.
Furthermore, the demands being made on employees regarding their English abilities is growing daily.
We do not support the theory of “one size fits all” and we do not offer standard solutions. Small groups allow the trainer, in the practical part of the workshop, to concentrate on the areas and characteristics that each participant would like to or needs to improve.
Who can benefit from this workshop?
All employees with an English level of B1 to C1 (European Guideline) who have to or will need to communicate with other cultures in English.
Workshop Objectives: English – Not a burden, but a method of communication
- Why is it that many of us do not realise how much we can really achieve with our English knowledge? We will take a close look at the reasons and solutions.
- How can I lose the feeling that my English is not good enough?
- What do I expect of myself? What do I have to achieve and how can I use my English more effectively?
- Lose the fear of making mistakes
- Lose the fear of becoming caught in misunderstandings
- How do I deal with the fear of making mistakes and embarassing myself?
- Dealing with peer pressure – „Everyone in my department is better than me.‘
- How to fulfill the expectations of your superiors more effectively
- Shake off the feeling that you have forgotten everything since you left school, by activating your passive vocabulary.
- How to effectively use what you learned at school even if you believe you never learned anything practical or relevant!
- Increase confidence
- English is often seen as a burden not as a method of communication! You can change that.
Time: 1 day
Price: 840,- € per person (min. 4 / max. 8 participants) + VAT
Topics – Theory
- Fears – how they start – the causes. How can I overcome them or avoid them completely?
- Prejudice and stereotypes: Why certain cultures, through their language, can appear direct und unfriendly or bureaucratic and difficult to get close to or communicate with. How this can lead to escalation situations and what you can do to avoid it.
- We will explain how a logic filter works and how to use your own and other people’s!
- Find the professional balance between the demands and expectations others have on you and that you hae on yourself and your own abilities.
- Which medium can and should you use for different situatiions in your daily routine? (telephone / email / meeting / conference calls)
- Simple exercises, you can do anywhere at anytime, to improve your English skills and use them more confidently and effectively.
- How to “activate” your passive vocabulary and use it efficiently.
- How to translate even complicated German texts into English quickly and efficiently.
- We will look at apparently harmless comments which, when translated directly, can be completely misunderstood.
- Transparent examples, which are not only easy to understand but also incredibly easy to use. Examples, which can have a significantly positive effect on your daily routine and how you do your job.
- We begin with a short quiz. Where am I, where do I need to be and how can we get there together?
Use your English knowledge more effectively / Overcome fear and anxiety
With very simple, non time intensive exercises which you can continue at home, at work and even in the car, we can help you to use your existing English abilities more confidently and more effectively. When the ball has started to roll you will see how the anxiety and the fear of speaking disappears the more your confidence grows and also how this development can positively effect the way you communicate with others.
We can show you what you can already achieve with your existing English abilities – confidently and effectively.